Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cooking Fool

Why is it that I find it necessary to volunteer myself and my home for Christmas Eve? Not that I mind the cooking, I really do love doing it, but it just seems that everything that can go wrong does. I have had an awful afternoon. There was more snow, I did not get all my shopping done, and my kitchen is a wreck. Not to mention that whatever magical thing that happens when one cooks and peels hard boiled eggs never happens for me. I am stuck peeling a bazillion little pieces of shell and completely ruining the nice smooth look of the egg. My deviled eggs look like cottage cheese thighs. And I should know, because I have them. The second batch fared better than the first. One third of the first batch is in my childrens tummies, another few were thrown across my kitchen and the rest thrown at the tree in the backyard. I am not neccesarily proud, but it did make me feel slightly better. But I seriously need to chill out. It's the most wonderful time of the year, right?

No comments: