Sunday, December 21, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

I just love snow. Really, there is just nothing like a good 14 inches being dumped on you in the matter of two days. And the -15F windchill? Just lovely. Yeah, I am so ready for summer already.

So I feel like I had something profound to write this morning when I started this blog but now it totally escapes me. Oh well. At least I only have one more day of work until my vacation. Thank goodness. I am so ready to be off work for a couple weeks. I do really enjoy my job but sometimes the monotony just kills me.

I am really excited for Christmas. We really did not get too much stuff this year. The kids have 9 gifts to open each, and most if it is pretty frugal stuff. The most costly would have to be the girl's dance competition warm ups. I would never in a million years spend $85 on a sweat suit for myself, much less my growing child. But since there was no choice in the matter, the suit was purchased. A little bit large to hopefully last a few years. I might have to get a second job just to afford her competition stuff for next year. Seems ridiculous, but she really does love it.

Now we are getting a Wii from my parents and s Wii Fit from Dan's Dad. I am not going to pretend that it is going to inspire me to workout more, but it does seem like it will be good fun.

So for next year I want to do something crazy. Not certifiable or anything, but something out of the ordinary for me. Like working out for an hour every day next year, or doing 1 push up daily and adding one onto it the next day, and so on, so that on December 31st 2009 I would be doing 365 push ups in a day. That probably will not seem too bad for the first few weeks of the year lol. But I have never been good with sticking with a plan. Maybe I should start working on that.

No comments: