Tuesday, January 13, 2009

82 more days

So I am sitting here contemplating the next few days. Not because of working out, not because of the frigid weather that is going to arrive, but because of my daughters birthday. Yes, my little baby girl is going to be 8 years old. It brings back a lot of crazy memories, but that is not the point I am trying to make. What I am trying to say is how am I going to deal with all this cake? That is so not what a normal thin person thinks about but it is high on my mind. I have to make 60 cupcakes for school. There are 60 kids in her class. Yes, you read that right. It is not as bad as it seams, as there are 2 teachers and 2 assistants, and the classrooms are split with a dividing wall. But the point remains that I can't just make food for half the classroom. And I can't not make cupcakes. She is really excited to help me make them. So I have to get through tonight without eating any batter. Then tomorrow is her actual birthday. Since Daddy is working we are going to celebrate on Thursday. So tomorrow I have to make her family cake. Then Friday, you guessed it, I was suckered into letting her have a sleepover. She must have caught me at a weak moment. So there is cake baking day number 3. I can't eat that much cake. I mean, I can, but not without costs. I just don't know why I put this temptation in front of me. I think it is in some drastic hope to maybe just be normal. A normal Mom can just make cookies and cupcakes and cakes and muffins without eating over half of them. A normal Mom can make a cake without having to compensate for the full cup of batter she drank. I just want to be that person darn it. I don't want to constantly battle with sweets and eating. I want to be normal. Sometimes I think I would rather be an alcoholic than be obese. Actually maybe and extra glass of wine might help me get through all the baking without tasting. I may have just solved my own problem.

Back to the important stuff. I did get to the gym this afternoon so I am rocking on my workouts. I am not quite to the rockstar status I would like to be, but I am slowly on my way. Today was a running day and I spent 35 minute son the treadmill. I alternated running and walking every 1.5 minutes. All of my walking I did at 3.5mph and the running I started at 5mph, then the next interval was 5.1, then 5.2, etc until my last running interval of 6mph. I know it is no faster than a tortoise pace but one day I will be that rabbit. I will run a sub 10 minute mile by July12th. Tomorrow is cross training and I have not yet decided what I will be doing. Probably come home and hit the bike. That seems to make the most sense right now. Plus it is going to be cold and yucky outside, so the less I am out the better. 

Food wise today was fine. Yogurt and Fiber one bar in the morning. Leftover chicken and broccoli rice for lunch, and a protein shake after my workout. Dinner might be spaghetti. Or cake batter.

No comments: