Sunday, January 25, 2009

Another new week

It's been a few days since I have been here. Diet and exercise wise, it has not been a good week. I have not felt well and it has pretty much consumed me. And not because it was horrible, but because I let it. And I feel like I have been so busy this past week, yet I have gotten nothing done. At least nothing of value. I don't want to sit here all boohoo depressed about it, but it certainly is there. I need to get out of this rut, and to do that I need to get off my butt and do something. The way my day goes is directly related to how much I am willing to put into it. I have the power to get it all back on track. Well with a little help from above of course. Or a lot of help lol. 

I seem to do much better when I check in here daily so that is the plan. Today I am going to get to the gym and do a little running. Nothing much, just a few miles. And later on this evening the kids have a roller skating party so I will have some fun doing that as well. Tuesday and Thursday will be running days for 30-45 minutes each day and I will add some walking to complete a whole hour of cardio. I also need to get back to my weight lifting but I am just not too sure on how to do that just yet. The gym is too crowded right now for that and I am too self conscious about it to do it at the gym alone. I am hoping I can somehow create a home plan with my 5 and 10 pound dumbbells and a resistance band. Maybe today I can plan that.

Food wise I need to work on portions this week. And cutting the sugar back out. Easy peasy to plan, not so easy peasy to execute. But I have to keep trying. I am not a quitter. Not this year anyhow. I have another few weeks to improve my running a bit until my official training for the May 31st half begins. I am feeling better about it.  I know if I can keep it up I am going to be fine. And the feeling I get when I cross the finish line will make it all worth the while. 

1 comment:

garritygal said...

I was telling Kendra that you are really inspiring. I know you don't like to hear that, but you are. Keep making yourself strong, Stacy, I wish someone would have explained that to me years ago. It was more about weight, but now I realize it's about muscle too. I'm getting weaker as i get older...