Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Finally made it to the gym.

Of course it was crowded. That frustrates me. But I know it will clear out by mid February. At least I go mid day so it is slightly less crowded. Anyhow I ran/walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I have a running plan that I will be sticking to. My newest short term goal is to run a half marathon on April 5th. That is 3 short months from now. Even if I have to walk most of it, I am going to do this. I am going to stick to the exercise plan because it is doable. It is only 3 days of running per week, with a bunch of walking in between. I can do that. Speaking of my workout yesterday I nearly crapped my pants on the treadmill, probably due to the increase in fiber I have had lately. The mental image I have of myself clenching my butt cheeks together while trying to finish the interval I was on is pretty darn humorous.

Now eating was a bit better yesterday. My biggest problem right now is that I love to graze on whatever I am cooking for dinner. Like yesterday I made these Taco pocket things from crescent rolls, taco meat, and shredded cheese. I ate some cheese when I shredded it, mixed a little left over taco meat and cheese with some Doritos for a mini taco salad, had a little more cheese, that kind of thing. So I had the mini taco salad, half a taco pocket and a brownie. Not my worst, not my best. But I did make an entire batch of brownies last night and not sample the batter. That might be the first time something like that has happened. Go me. 

No comments: