Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Getting really honest with myself.

The more I think about it, the more it depresses me. I can not do the half marathon I was planning on. I just can't. I will be out of town and having to get my daughter ready for dance. Seeing her face light up when she is on stage will always be more important to me than some silly race. But I am still bothered by it. And furthermore, the only other half marathon turtle friendly race available in April-May is the last week of April, and of course she has another competition that weekend as well. So the countdown is off. At least for now. But I promised myself I was going to do this. PROMISED. So that leaves me with no other option that this:

http://www.dexterannarborrun.com/halfmarathon.htm

Now the problem here is that this is a timed thing (okay well they all are). I mean I have to finish in 2:40. Or I get kicked out of the race. That is embarrassing. So I have to maintain 5mph through the whole thing. That is a HUGE thing for me. Especially for 13.1 miles. But it is my only option. And yes, I know the website is for the 2008 run. This years run is on May 31. That is 130 days away. A little over 4 months. I have to do it.



Plus in September I will be wearing this: http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridesmaids_detail.jsp?stid=4072&prodgroup=110
or this: http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridesmaids_detail.jsp?stid=2795&prodgroup=110

Yeah I need to get this weight off and fast.

1 comment:

garritygal said...

Thanks for the link about the giveaways. Why do you think so few people have commented. I keep thinking (and have been told) that nobody collects little sitting things anymore..I'm trying to think of other things to make, but I just love making these little guys. What's your opinion? I had a lot of people come to my page over the last few days, and not much interest in the giveaway.