Friday, January 9, 2009

I began the day with the best of intentions...

and then life just got to me. Don't get me wrong I have had a decent day, just not quite where I planned it to be right now. The gym? Didn't happen. I had to bring DH the keys to my parents house so he could let the dog out for potty time before he went to work. So then I got in the car to go to the bookstore and ended up pulling into the Meijer parking lot instead. Just not thinking I guess. So since I was also on the prowl for some Greek yogurt (recommended by my hand doc lol) I figured what the heck. Well no yogurt, duh. As if it could just be that convenient. The closest Trader Joe's or Whole Foods is like 30 miles from my house and that is just not going to cut it. Anyhow, I walked around trying to find something to buy and finally gave up. I left to try and find some other health food store that one of my coworkers was telling me about (the annoying biscuit she is) and ended up at Wal-Mart. Whatever store she was talking about does not exist where she thinks it does. Anyhow to make a long boring story short and to the point I found some Greek yogurt at Wal-mart. Who would have thunk it? So I bought some plain and vanilla (the only two flavors they had). Oh. My. Gosh. I was pleasantly surprised. It had the consistency of a thick sour cream. Kinda weird but not at all horrible like I thought it would be. And that was the plain stuff. I actually think it could be a very good substitute for sour cream. It tastes much better than the fat free sour cream and it has 120 calories and 17 grams of protein for a 5.8 ounce container. I dipped my potatoes and chicken from dinner into it. I am really excited to try the vanilla flavor tomorrow. Yeah, it's the small things.

So needless to say I am pretty friggin tired. I can't wait to sleep. I am drunk on tiredness and am not even really sure why I decided it was necessary to post. Yup, time to strap on my uber hot wrist braces. Joy.

No comments: