Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Yeah, I haven't been around much

I feel like I am on my deathbed. I actually called in to work yesterday. That marks the first time I have called in due to my own illness in...umm, well I don't even remember. I am that girl who is willing to infect the entire office because I would rather spend my CTO on vacation instead of on being sick. I am not helping myself build up a good bank here and I am almost to the point of not caring. I. Feel. Like. Crap. I start to feel better and see that little light at the end of the tunnel, but really I am just hallucinating. Really I would prefer to see fun things like swirling dragons on a black and white composition pad I saw the one and only time I dropped acid. Yeah back in my days when I didn't know that acid was the street name for LSD. My parents could have saved me a whole world of trouble by not sheltering me and just educating. Dropping acid wasn't scary. Ingesting LSD scared the crap out of me. So now you know my sordid history of drug use. The complete history would include Ecstasy once and maybe hitting the weed a total of 5 times. Yeah, I know, really bad ass. Honestly though my limited drug use caused me to lose a boy friend and a best friend. The last time I smoked weed I was unknowingly pregnant and promised God if she turned out normal I would never touch the stuff again. He kept his end of the bargain so I kept mine. I am not sure how being sick just turned into my drug history but whatever.

So yeah, sinus infection majoramous. The whole left side of my face hurts, from forehead to upper jaw. It hurts to chew. And I like chewing. I like eating. Eating is not even enjoyable. I have a giant laundry basket full of snotty tissues. I think I have used more tissues in the last 2 days than I have in the other 10,520+ days of my life combined. But let's try and see the bright side. At least the infection doesn't smell like rotting flesh.

Or maybe I am too sick to notice.

No comments: