Friday, March 6, 2009

P90X Day 4

It is going to be 65 degrees today. Considering two days ago it was about -3 I am beyond happy. I don't even care that it is going to rain this weekend and be colder again next week. Today I get to drive home with the windows down, blaring REO Speedwagon. Yeah, it's strange, but it is my yearly welcome to spring routine. The first warm day I serenade those around me with a little REO. It might not be pretty, but who cares?

So day 4 was Yoga X. Hubs was supposed to do it with me but completely lost his composure after the first downward facing dog. Bending over like that is not, I repeat, not an open invitation. So he was forced to leave the room. And leave me with 1.5 hours of yoga. Yeah, this was the long video. I was not expecting anything less than extremely difficult and the Yoga X delivered. The first 45 minutes or so are all these strength moves. Lots of plank, to downward dog, to runners pose, jumping around, make me stronger, push it to the limit craziness. It got to the point where if i had to do another vinyasa I was going to cry. Then the last 45 minutes were balance poses. Now that I can do. Give me tree pose all day long. This is what all the Wii Fit prepared me for. Anyhow, it was good. My muscles felt the best they had all week immediately afterward. I think they are better today as well but let's decide that after today's workout- legs. I am dreading it a bit. I know there is a lunge or 23049 in my future today. And probably 84895.987 squats. Bring it. I worked out 4 days this week. That might be a 2009 record. Oh yeah, I feel good.

2 comments:

Colin said...

We are on the same schedule, though this is the second time I am doing P90X phase 1. I got sick/hurt and had to give up my pursuit for a bit. But now I'm back for the attack. Good luck!

BG said...

Thanks and good luck to you as well!