Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Drained

I am seriously perched on the edge of exhaustion. I am one of those people who need 8 hours of sleep every night. I need it to function properly. The past week or so I have been averaging 4-6 hours per night and it is just not cutting it for me. Last weekend Korrine had her dance stuff going on and I just could not get sleep. I can't sleep late in the mornings so I need to go to bed early to compensate for that. I am okay with that but sometimes circumstances aren't. We did not get home from Grand Rapids until after 9:30 on Sunday night. I did not get to bed until almost 11. I work at 5am. You do the math. I have had to cover a position at work that I know nearly nothing about. That just adds to my mental exhaustion. I cried 4 times at work yesterday. Cried. Like a little baby. I was beyond frustrated and exasperated and just ready to throw in the towel. I fell asleep last night a little bit after 6pm out of sheer exhaustion. But I still had to be in extra early this morning to cover sick woman's position yet again. I am thinking she is going to be out all week. And I have a meeting tonight until 9pm. Korrine has 2 extra dance classes tomorrow night. And Friday we drive out for another competition. My house is still not cleaned. I don't know when I will have time for laundry. Working out? Trying very hard to make that a priority. And all of this worrying and complaining is only adding to my drainage.

I need a nap.

1 comment:

garritygal said...

I'm just like you Stacy. I have to have 7 hours..anything less and I can feel it. I used to be able to run on 5 hours,,not any more.